The Center for Disabilities’ LEND program goals are:
- To train child health professionals to improve care for children with developmental or other disabilities, with an emphasis on autism.
- To collaborate with state, local agencies, organizations, private providers and communities by providing interdisciplinary educational programs.
- To provide community and family leadership education programs.
- To ensure families and youth are included in LEND training activities.
- Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics
- Human Development and Family Studies Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- School Psychology
- Social Work
- Special Education
- Speech Language Pathology
- Critical Thinking
- Cultural Competency
- Developing Others Through Teaching & Mentoring
- Ethics & Reflection
- Family-Centered Care
- Interdisciplinary Team Building
- MCH Knowledge Base
- Negotiation & Conflict Resolution
- Policy and Advocacy
- Self Reflection
- Working With Communities and Systems
Sample seminar topics include:
- Assistive Technology
- Early Intervention
- Family Centered Practices
- Nutrition and Metabolic Errors
- Strategic Planning
- Transition to Adult Medical: Work and Community