The Center to Inform Personnel Preparation was a five-year project funded by the Office of Special Education Programs in 2003. The purpose of the Center was to collect, synthesize and analyze information related to (a) certification and licensure requirements for personnel working with infants, toddlers, and preschoolers who have special needs and their families, (b) the quality of training programs that prepare these professionals, and (c) the supply and demand of professionals representing all disciplines who provide both ECSE and EI services.
- Ten different studies were completed including surveys and interviews of Part C and 619 coordinators, parents, higher education personnel, and EI and ECSE service providers and administrators.
- Various "think tanks" were held to devise policy recommendations related to higher education, leadership, and credentialing in early intervention and early childhood special education.
- Data reports and At a Glances were completed for each study.
- Two articles were published in a well-known early childhood journal, Infants and Young Children.
Publications and Resources
Interview with Cristina Mogro-Wilson, Research Director, December 2008
download mp3 audio file
Depending on your browser, you may need to right-click with your mouse on the link above. Click on "Save target as" and then click the Save button to download the file. Once the file is downloaded, it may be played with any music player installed on your computer, phone or tablet.
- Dunst, C. J., & Bruder, M. B. (2014). Preservice professional preparation and teachers' self-efficacy appraisals of natural environment and inclusion practices. Teacher Education and Special Education, 37(2), 1210132.
- Bruder, M. B., Dunst, C. J., Mogro-Wilson, C., & Stayton, V. (2013). Predictors of confidence and competence among early childhood interventionists. Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education, 34(3), 249-267.
- Stayton, V.C., Smith, B.J., Dietrich, S.L., & Bruder, M.B. (2012). Comparison of State Certification and Professional Association Personnel Standards in Early Childhood Special Education. Topics in Early Childhood Special Education, 32(1), 24-37.
- Bruder, M.B., Dunst, C., Mogro-Wilson, C. (2011). Confidence and Competence Appraisals of Early Intervention and Preschool Special Education Practitioners. International Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education, 3, 13-37.
- Bruder, M.B., Mogro-Wilson. C., Stayton, V., Smith, B.J., Dietrich, S. (2009). The National Status of In-Service Professional Development Systems for Early Intervention and Early Childhood Special Education Practitioners. Infants and Young Children, 22(1), 13-20.
- Stayton, V.D., Dietrich, S.L., Smith, B.J., Bruder, M.B., Mogro-Wilson, C., & Swigart, A. (2009). State Certification Requirements for Early Childhood Special Educators. Infants and Young Children, 22(1), 4-12.
- Bruder, M.B., & Dunst, C.J. (2005). Personnel Preparation in Recommended Early Intervention Practices: Degree of Emphasis Across Disciplines. Topics in Early Childhood Special Education, 25(1), 25-33.
- Bruder, M.B., & Dunst, C.J. (2005). University Faculty Preparation of Students in Using Natural Environment Practices with Young Children. Psychological Reports, 96, 239-242.
- Higher Education Data Report
- Instructional Methods and Course Content Data Report
- Preparing Adequate Numbers of Students Data Report
- Preparing Well Trained Professionals Data Report
- Federal Financial Influences on Program Activities Data Report
- At a Glance..., Volume 2, No.1
- Presentation: Study II The Higher Education Survey
- Part C Training and Technical Assistance Data Report
- 619 Training and Technical Assistance Data Report
- Presentation: Study VI Part C & 619 Training and TA
- Brief Policy Analysis: Part C Training & TA (Project Forum)
- At a Glance', Volume 6, No. 1: Part C Training Systems
- At a Glance', Volume 6, No. 2: Part C Technical Assistance Systems
- At a Glance', Volume 6, No. 3: 619 Training Systems
- At a Glance', Volume 6, No. 4: 619 Technical Assistance Systems