When the University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities works together with one or more agencies that share common goals, resources are optimized and results are achieved.
The Connecticut Developmental Disabilities Network was established to provide leadership for the implementation of the federal Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act. The Connecticut DD Network is comprised of:
These organizations have a common goal and purpose:
"...the protection and full integration of individuals with developmental and other disabilities into society in a manner that is consistent with the unique strengths, resources, capabilities and of each individual and his/her own family."
U.S. House & Senate Candidates Forum on Disability Issues
Select Initiatives of the DD Network include:
- Partners in Policy Making 2018 - A Self-Advocacy Leadership Training Program
- Connecticut Partners in Policymaking for Service Providers 2018 - A Leadership Training Program for Professionals Serving People with Disabilities and Their Families
- Connecticut Partners in Policymaking 2018 for Parents of Young Children with Disabilities (Birth to 5) - A Parent Advocacy Training Program
- Cross Disability Lifespan Alliance- a membership organization which advocates speaking with one voice on issues affecting people with disabilities and their families
- Hands Off: Behavioral Interventions- a legislative forum to address prevention and de-escalation strategies for students with complex behavioral challenges