Screening to Succeed
A Regional Call to Action
Developmental screening is an important piece of the larger childhood comprehensive system that affects early childhood health outcomes. This screenings-based initiative relies on a coordinated system of several players at different stages of the early childhood phase of life to ensure children and families get the care and services they need to help improve healthy child development. A regional call to action will bring stakeholders together to develop plans to ensure developmental screenings are completed for all young children.
Each regional meeting will focus on the individualized resources and needs of their communities to ensure the success of all young children through promotion, developmental awareness, and the power of community connections. Participants will be equipped with knowledge, resources, and tools to increase developmental screenings using the Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ-3) and have an opportunity to hear a presentation on a city-wide system developed by community partners and families in Norwalk.
Registration starts at 8:30 a.m. for all sessions.
- Collective Impact - Working together towards a shared goal
- CT Screening Tools and Resources
- Community-wide Screening Example - Learn how Norwalk is developing a city-wide system for screening
- “Let’s Get More Kids Screened!” - Development of regional action plans
Regional Meetings Dates and Times
- South Central Regional Meeting - Monday, April 15th from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at the United Way of Greater New Haven, Suite 403 located in New Haven at 370 James Street. Meeting will be in the Wells Fargo Community Room. (Lunch will be provided)
- Northwest Regional Meeting - Monday, April 22nd from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. at the United Way of Greater Waterbury, located in Waterbury at 100 North Elm
Street, 2nd floor. Meeting will be held in the St. Mary’s Board Room. (Lunch will be provided.) Park across the street at the Grace Baptist Church.
- Eastern Regional Meeting - Friday, April 26th from 9 a.m. - noon at the United Community and Family Services located in Norwich at 47 Town Street. (Breakfast will be served at 8:30 a.m.)
- North Central Regional Meeting - Tuesday, April 30 from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at the Early Childhood Learning Center at Hockanum Elementary School located at 191 Main St, East Hartford. (Lunch is provided)
- Southwest Regional Meeting - Monday, May 20th from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at the Margaret E Morton Government Center located at 999 Broad Street, Bridgeport in Conference rooms A&B, 1st floor. (Lunch is provided)
Need more information? Please contact Bethanne Vergean at 860.679.1544 or email@example.com.