Health Care Survey of Adults with Disabilities in Connecticut
A series of surveys were conducted with adults with disabilities living in Connecticut to assess their experiences with the health care system. The results of these surveys are presented in reports and publications found below.
- Schramm, C.M., Bruder, M.B., and Mogro-Wilson, C. (submitted for publication). Providers' Ease of Transition to Adult Care for Youth with Varying Medical Needs. Children's Health Care.
- Bruder, M.B., Kerins, G., Mazzarella, C., Sims, J., & Stein, N. (2012). Brief Report: The Medical Care of Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders: Identifying the Needs. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders. doi: 10.1007/s10803-012-1496-x.
- Bruder, M. B., Mogro-Wilson, C., & Kerins, G. J. (2010). A Survey Assessing the Presence of 'Medical Home' for Adults with Disabilities in Connecticut. Connecticut Medicine, 74(6), 341-348.
- Kerins, G., Petrovic, K., Gruman, C., & Bruder, M.B. (2008). Medical Conditions and Medication Use in Adults with Down Syndrome: A Descriptive Analysis. Down Syndrome Research and Practice, 12(2), 141-147.
- Bruder, M.B. (2004). The Role of the Physician in Early Intervention for Children with Developmental Disabilities. Connecticut Medicine, 68(8), 507-513.
- Kerins, G., Petrovic, K., Gianesini, J., Keilty, B., & Bruder, M.B. (2004). Physician Attitudes and Practices on Providing Care to Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities: An Exploratory Study. Connecticut Medicine, 68(8), 485-490.
- Kerins, G., Bruder, M.B., & Petrovic, K. (2004). The Person with a Disability is a Person First. Connecticut Medicine, 68(8), 483.
- Kerins, G., & Bruder, M.B. (2003). Improving the Care of Older Adults with Developmental Disabilities. Connecticut Medicine, 67(8), 511-513.