The University of Connecticut A.J. Pappanikou Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and Service is one of 67 centers across the country funded by the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act.
Our mission is to provide interdisciplinary leadership through the core functions on evidenced based practices and policies to ensure all of Connecticut Citizens with Disabilities and their families fully participate in all facets of community life. Our vision is that Connecticut with Disabilities are valued citizens with opportunities and supports that allow them to be fully included, independent, productive and contributing members of society. Emphasis Areas: To enhance informed choice and supported decision making by Connecticut Citizens with Disabilities so that they may achieve quality of life.
- View Center Brochure
- Join our Mailing List!
- Training and Conference Presentations
- The Early Childhood Personnel Center (ECPC)
- Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AIDD)
- Maternal and Child Health Bureau
- Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD)
- Connecticut Council On Developmental Disabilities
- Connecticut Office of Protection & Advocacy for Persons with Disabilities
This page is best viewed using Internet Explorer 8 or higher. If you are having difficulty accessing the site, please click here to upgrade Internet Explorer, or switch to a different browser such as Firefox. Documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader