- Hillary Clinton Outlines Vision of More Job Opportunities for People With Disabilities
- September is National Preparedness Month
- Final report from the 2015 National Summit: Early Childhood Special Education Inclusion
- UCONN UCEDD receives prestigious LEND grant
- WANTED Partners in Policymaking Graduates
- Supporting All Children Using the CT ELDS new Guidance Documents
- Save the Date: 2016 Candidates' Forum on Disability Issues
- Watch "Hands off" Behavioral Interventions Event
- Restraint and Seclusion in Schools – What Parents Need to Know
- ConnSENSE Report - Your Assistive Technology Resource
The University of Connecticut A.J. Pappanikou Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and Service is one of 67 centers across the country funded by the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act.
UCONN UCEDD Vision, Mission, and Core Values
Connecticut with Disabilities are valued citizens with opportunities and supports that allow them to be fully included, independent, productive and contributing members of society. Emphasis Areas: To enhance informed choice and supported decision making by Connecticut Citizens with Disabilities so that they may achieve quality of life.
To provide interdisciplinary leadership through the core functions on evidenced based practices and policies to ensure all of Connecticut Citizens with Disabilities and their families fully participate in all facets of community life.
We believe that all individuals (with and without developmental and other disabilities) have equal rights to a life that includes: Dignity, presumed competence, and culturally sensitive supports and services Access, inclusion and a sense of belonging in all facets of community life Family and person centered planning, especially through life transitions Informed choice and supported decision making to achieve full participation and a quality life Interdisciplinary evidenced based supports and services.
- View Center Brochure
- Join our Mailing List!
- Training and Conference Presentations
- The Early Childhood Personnel Center (ECPC)
- Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AIDD)
- Maternal and Child Health Bureau
- Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD)
- Connecticut Council On Developmental Disabilities
- Connecticut Office of Protection & Advocacy for Persons with Disabilities
This page is best viewed using Internet Explorer 8 or higher. If you are having difficulty accessing the site, please click here to upgrade Internet Explorer, or switch to a different browser such as Firefox. Documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader
Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities (LEND) application
Please take a few minutes to complete our brief annual satisfaction survey. The information you provide will contribute to improving and expanding our website. We value your thoughts and appreciate the time you take to provide feedback.Archived Spotlights >